Northern Clay Center
Mission: Northern Clay Center’s mission is the advancement of the ceramic arts. Ongoing programs include exhibitions by contemporary regional, national, and international ceramic artists, as well as historical and architectural ceramics; classes and workshops for children and adults at all skill levels; studio space and grants for artists; and a sales gallery representing many top ceramic artists from the region and elsewhere.
About: Northern Clay Center is a comprehensive ceramic art center offering the following:
• Classes offered year-round, from beginning to advanced, including summer clay camps for children, where students of all ages and stages can learn about clay;
• Short-term workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and tours for adults, children, families, and other groups;
• ClayToGo outreach programs, using the ClayToGo van, with other arts and education organizations;
• ART@HAND programs for adults 55 and better;
• 10 exhibitions each year, featuring emerging and established artists, where visitors can see over time, the complete range of work in clay: functional, sculptural, historical, industrial, architectural, and large scale installations;
• A sales gallery with primarily functional pots and some sculptural objects, by over 50 regional and national clay artists, that offers both the serious collector and the generous gift giver a chance to shop for some of the best ceramics in the country as well as jewelry, clothing, and an extensive selection of ceramics-related books and magazines.
Winter Frolic Activities:
Enjoy warm drinks and yummy treats in the gallery all day on Saturday 12/7 10-6 pm and Sunday 12/8 10-6pm.