SNG is hiring for two positions. We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant and a full time Community Facilitator for the Seward Towers.
Position: 20 hours/week salary range $15-$17/hour, benefits negotiable
- Assist Treasurer in day-to-day management of finances.
- Assist Community Coordinator in maintaining membership database, coordinating volunteers, and supporting neighborhood events and initiatives.
- Serve as administrative assistant for the Seward Profile Quarterly.
- Facilitate office operations by serving as liaison with landlord, office partners, and vendors.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with new tasks
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Quick Books, File Maker Pro, FaceBook, WordPress
- Sense of humor
- Willingness to ask questions
Opportunities Provided By Seward Neighborhood Group (SNG):
- Experience grass roots organizing around a variety of issues
- Experience how a non-profit, volunteer board of directors function
To apply, submit letter and resume to Kerry Cashman, Community Coordinator, Seward Neighborhood Group at email@example.com by Jan 19, 2017.
Community Facilitator – Seward Towers
The Seward Neighborhood Group (SNG) is hiring a Community Facilitator for Seward Towers, two 320 unit affordable housing buildings located in the Seward neighborhood.
- Maintain communications with SNG supervisor and Towers management. Attend quarterly SNG staff meetings.
- Be available to the residents for assistance with their concerns with Seward Towers and its managements at regular hours in each Tower (minimum of 4 hours/week in each building). Provide translation as possible for adults with limited English.
- Work with building management as well as relocation and construction personnel to maintain clear and consistent communication with residents during final phase of renovation.
- Assist with monthly resident Discussion Groups by posting notice of meetings, distributing reminder fliers, preparing the agenda, arranging for outside speakers, and following up on issues raised at the meetings.
- Recruit and support Resident Representatives to the Seward Towers Corporation Board of Directors.
- Provide support for the weekly Sewing Circles.
- Promote resident participation in community activities and events outside the Towers.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers of other organizations (CommonBond, SNG, Redesign, etc) on projects for the benefit of the residents
- Keep timesheet of hours worked and assignments completed for each pay period (twice a month).
- Other tasks as required to complete Community Facilitation Workplan.
- Good communications skills and proficiency in English.
- Ability to relate well with people of all backgrounds and be welcoming to the diverse population of the Towers.
- Ability to work well independently and follow through on commitments while maintaining good communication with staff and volunteers from partner organizations.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages is preferred: Somali, Oromo, Amharic.
This is a fulltime position; however, qualified candidates seeking less than fulltime work are welcomed to apply. Hourly rate $16-$19, depending on qualifications. SNG provides health insurance and paid vacation and sick time.
To apply, send letter of application and resume including at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org or SNG/Community Facilitator Position, 2323 East Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55406. Application deadline is January 4, 2017.