The public season at the Playwrights’ Center— the PlayLabs festival and the Ruth Easton New Play Series—features top local and national actors and incorporates design elements, giving audience members a unique way to experience new work and a chance to be part of the creative process. These readings are free to attend and take place at the Playwrights’ Center, located at 2301 E Franklin Avenue in Seward.
The 2017-18 season:
PLAYLABS (October 23-29):
- A Humbling in St. Paul by Alice Tuan
- Take Care by Jason Gray Platt
- In the Time of the Volcano by Jen Silverman
- Playwriting Fellows Showcase
Reservations for PlayLabs will open approximately a month before the festival.
- The Overcoat: a musical for non musical people by Kira Obolensky (December 4 & 5)
- How The Ghost Of You Clings, The Anna May Wong Story by John Olive (January 8 & 9)
- Three Quarter Inches of Sky by Sherry Kramer (February 5 & 6)
- Tiny Houses by Stefanie Zadravec (March 5 & 6)
- the bandaged place by Harrison David Rivers (April 9 & 10)
Kira, John, and Harrison are all Twin Cities-based playwrights.
Find play descriptions and other details at pwcenter.org/season.