Playwrights’ Center announces 2017-18 season of free readings
The public season at the Playwrights’ Center— the PlayLabs festival and the Ruth Easton New Play Series—features top local and national actors and incorporates design elements, giving audience members a unique way to experience new work and a chance to be part of the creative process. These readings are free to attend and take place at the Playwrights’ Center, located at 2301 E Franklin Avenue in Seward.
The 2017-18 season:
PLAYLABS (October 23-29):
- A Humbling in St. Paul by Alice Tuan
- Take Care by Jason Gray Platt
- In the Time of the Volcano by Jen Silverman
- Playwriting Fellows Showcase
Reservations for PlayLabs will open approximately a month before the festival.
- The Overcoat: a musical for non musical people by Kira Obolensky (December 4 & 5)
- How The Ghost Of You Clings, The Anna May Wong Story by John Olive (January 8 & 9)
- Three Quarter Inches of Sky by Sherry Kramer (February 5 & 6)
- Tiny Houses by Stefanie Zadravec (March 5 & 6)
- the bandaged place by Harrison David Rivers (April 9 & 10)
Kira, John, and Harrison are all Twin Cities-based playwrights.
Find play descriptions and other details at pwcenter.org/season.