At Stages Theatre Company
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN US FOR A FUN, PARTICIPATORY DAY OF ARTS!
Did you know there are over 16,000 individuals in Minnesota that have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, including 1 in 68 children.
The arts can provide a place to grow self esteem and communication skills in a safe environment.
Arts 4 Autism will feature a rotation of participatory program previews from various arts collaborators – theatre, visual art, music, and dance – as well as a sensory-friendly performance of Stages Theatre Company’s production, Stone Soup. Maci Spica, Minnesota Department of Education Autism Specialist, and Ellie Wilson from Institute of Community Integration, will present “Making Arts Part of the Puzzle,” a discussion about the transformational impact of arts participation on the lives of individuals with autism. The resource fair will be going on in the main lobby of the Hopkins Center for the Arts throughout the day. The resource fair and participatory preview are free to the public; tickets to Stone Soup and “Making Arts Part of the Puzzle” are $5 each.
SATURDAY, MAY 6, 9am-2pm
- Hands on theatre art workshop with Stages Theatre Company (Free)
- Adaptive dance classes with River Valley Dance Academy (Free)
- Hands on music classes with Minnesota Sinfonia (Free)
- Hands on art classes with Articulture (Free)
- PLUS: A FREE COMMUNITY RESOURCE FAIR THROUGH OUT THE DAY! *See a list of attending vendors below.
More event information and tickets available here.